Office Services Supervisor 1
Join our Environmental Health team in Hayden by providing leadership to our office support functions. This position will supervise a team of five office staff, oversee office functions and provide administrative support to the Division Administrator and management staff as needed.
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams); have attention to detail with strong organizational skills; be able to manage multiple projects and work well under pressures of deadlines.
- Supervision and training of Technical Records Specialists assigned to Environmental Health programs
- Coordinate clerical workflow including delegation of workloads, ensuring accuracy of records, processing financial transactions, and updating policies and procedures
- Coordinate training for clerical staff to ensure they are up to date on latest environmental health software systems. Serve as subject matter expert for all office functions and software systems
- Provide administrative support to the Division Administrator and department management staff, including making travel arrangements, organizing and attending meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes
- Provide support and coverage for outlying offices as needed
- Coordinate purchasing of goods and services for the department
- Prepare reports as needed
- Greet callers and in-person visitors
- Research public records
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams); have attention to detail with strong organizational skills; be able to manage multiple projects and work well under pressures of deadlines. It is essential that the candidate selected for this position have the ability to develop positive relationships and collaborate with internal and external partners, an exceptional work ethic and strong communication skills. This is a leadership position and the selected candidate will be expected to participate in leadership trainings when offered.
This is a full-time position with a salary of $20.17/hour, plus full benefits. Interested candidates can apply on-line at www.dhr.idaho.gov by November 5, 2021. From the Current Openings tab, search for Office Services Supervisor 1 under Current Openings. EEO/AA/Veterans Preference.
Technical Records Specialist 1
Join our fast-paced, busy office providing assistance, in-person or by phone, to the public seeking information associated with Environmental Health programs. Our Sandpoint Environmental Health office is seeking a full-time Technical Records Specialist 1 to join a team of professionals who share a passion for the work they do. The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service skills, strong computer skills, the ability to multi-task, be organized and have a strong attention to detail.
Example of Duties
- Performing a variety of records management functions, including
- Data entry
- Research and retrieval of records
- Electronic filing documents to existing records
- Customer Service
- Interview of clients in person or by phone to assist with services, such as septic records searches and permitting, food establishment licensure, building permit approvals, etc.
- Direct public inquiries to correct services or resources
- Office Support
- Reconcile fee deposits
- Compile district vehicle mileage reports
- Routine filing
- Interpreting, explaining, and applying regulations, laws, or complex policies to carry out assignments
- Monitoring a records system to identify and correct errors
- Entering and retrieving data using a computerized records system
- Researching a variety of sources to resolve problems
Starting salary is $17.27/hour, plus excellent benefits. Interested candidates must apply online at www.dhr.idaho.gov. From the Job Seekers tab, search for Technical Records Specialist 1. Interested applicants must apply by November 5, 2021. EEO/AA/Veterans Preference.
Customer Service Representative 2
Panhandle Health District has an exciting employment opportunity in Kellogg, Idaho! Work with a team of professionals who have a passion for serving the residents in Shoshone County! The ideal candidate will be an individual who has excellent customer service skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to work well in a team environment and a desire to provide assistance to local residents. This essential position is relied upon to provide accurate, timely and professional service to clients seeking information on the Institutional Controls Program and environmental health services. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Teams.
Example of Duties
An example of duties includes:
- Having detailed program and procedural knowledge in developing and/or maintaining program records systems
- Collecting and analyzing information
- Interviewing customers to gather facts and providing them with assistance
- Locating historical property records
- Scanning and filing electronic documents
- Preparing reports.
Some knowledge of:
- Interviewing methods
- Interpreting, explaining, and applying regulations, laws or complex policies to carry out assignments
- Accessing data using a computerized system
- Independently handling complaints and upset individuals in a business setting
- Conducting sensitive fact-finding interviews
This position is full time, 40 hours per week, with a salary of $15.05/hour. Interested candidates may apply online at www.dhr.idaho.gov. From the Current Openings tab, search for Customer Service Representative 2. Applications must be received by November 5, 2021. EEO/AA/Veteran’s Preference.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Are you looking for a career where you can make a meaningful contribution to the lives of others and your community, amazing benefits, working with a team who likes to have fun and support each other, and enjoy a healthy work-life balance?
If you are a Licensed Practical Nurse who would like to join our rock star team, apply today! We are a close group of health care workers in a clinical setting delivering high quality patient care through a variety of programs and services.
This is a full-time position with full benefits.
Example of Duties
This position will perform a full range of practical nursing care in a clinical setting with an emphasis on patient education, health instruction, treatment plan follow-through, charting and record keeping. Duties include:
- Performs comprehensive patient assessments.
- Provides patient education and counseling to individuals and families.
- Establishes a partnership with clients to assist with decision making and self-care.
- Performs testing based on Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Manager orders.
- Responds to patient emergency situations in the clinical setting with basic first-aid and life-support skills.
- Documents patient assessment and data in electronic health record system.
- Delivers safe nursing care in accordance with the laws governing professional nursing.
- Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the state of Idaho.
Salary is $20/hour plus full State of Idaho benefits. To apply, visit www.dhr.idaho.gov and search for Licensed Practical Nurse under the Current Openings tab by November 1, 2021. EEO/AA/Veteran’s Preference.
Home Health Occupational Therapist
Panhandle Health District (PHD) Home Health is searching for an experienced Occupational Therapist to serve the needs of home bound patients. PHD’s Home Health team of nurses and therapists serve the needs of home bound patients throughout the five northern counties of Idaho. PHD Home Health supports health equity by serving patients and population groups regardless of their social, economic, demographic, and geographic status and backgrounds.
- Ensure patients are equitably provided the very best therapy care.
- Develop an understanding of Home Health standards of care associated with the Idaho Bureau of Facility Standards.
- Participate in quality-of-care projects associated with patient care.
- Interface with Home Health revenue cycle management team.
- Become familiar with electronic health record system.
- Licensed Occupational with 1-3 years of experience
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong desire to serve the Public Health needs of North Idaho residents
This is a full-time, temporary position offering a competitive hourly wage and is fully benefited. PHD team members enjoy state of Idaho employee benefits including excellent health, dental, disability and life insurance benefits, and generous holiday, sick and vacation leave. PHD provides a vehicle for travel and covers all travel expenses.
If you are interested in making a difference in your community, please send your resume, cover letter and three professional references to HR@phd1.idaho.gov. Include the words “Occupational Therapist” in the subject line. Questions about this position can be answered by calling 208-415-5126. EEO/AA/Veterans Preference.
COVID-19 Response Team Positions
Panhandle Health District is hiring several temporary positions to join the COVID-19 Response Team. All positions located in Hayden office unless otherwise noted. To apply, Please send resume with a cover letter and three professional references to HR@phd1.idaho.gov. Include the position(s) you are applying for in the subject line. Candidates interested in working part-time may be considered.
Panhandle Health District is searching for an experienced Nurse Manager to provide leadership for the Incident Command COVID-19 Response team. This position will oversee all aspects of COVID-19 response efforts. This is a Limited Service position with an undetermined duration that is dependent on COVID-19 funding and business need.
- Oversight of planning, operations, logistics, public information, and financial functions associated with COVID-19 incident response.
- Coordinate work assignments and ensure effective communication.
- Develop budgets, review grants and authorize expenditures.
- Assign and evaluate work of employees, evaluate/manage performance, ensure certifications are up to date, etc.
- Takes part in recruitment, hiring and onboarding for assigned departments.
- Collaborates with other health district departments, health care providers, and community partners.
- Licensure as a Professional or Registered Nurse in Idaho.
- Good knowledge of supervisory practices
- Experience assessing nursing practices for compliance with policies and procedures and recommending appropriate actions.
- 3-5 years management, leadership experience
- Understanding of Incident Command structure
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong desire to serve the Public Health needs of North Idaho residents
- Budget development and management experience
This is a leadership position and leadership qualities are essential. This position will be expected to participate in leadership trainings that are available. Salary is $33 per hour, plus full benefits. Interested applicants must apply online at http://www.dhr.idaho.gov/. From the Job Seekers tab, click on Current Openings enter “Nurse Manager” in the search bar. Applications must be submitted October 22, 2021. EEO/AA/Veteran’s Preference.
Data Entry/Records Management – Multiple positions
- $17.27/hour plus full State of Idaho benefits.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Experience using electronic records systems preferred.
- One is located in Sandpoint.
Associate Epidemiologists – Multiple positions
- $21.00/hour plus full State of Idaho benefits.
- Medical experience preferred.
RN and LPNs – Multiple positions
- LPN – $20/hr; RN $30/hr. Full State of Idaho benefits.
- Experience giving vaccinations
Customer Service Representatives – Multiple positions
- $15.05/hour plus full State of Idaho benefits.
- Excellent customer service skills necessary.
- One is located in Kellogg.
- $20.17/hour plus full State of Idaho benefits.
- Leadership skills and experience are required.
- Excellent computer skills strongly encouraged.
- $15-17/hour plus full State of Idaho benefits.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs preferred.
Please send resume with a cover letter and three professional references to HR@phd1.idaho.gov. Include the position(s) you are applying for in the subject line.