Panhandle Health District is seeking two Medical Assistants to support the COVID-19 Response Team. These positions will facilitate off-site testing for COVID-19; respond to medical inquiries from the public regarding COVID-19; complete electronic medical records; and assist in submitting medical orders. These are full-time, temporary positions. Duration of positions is based on contract funding and business need.
Applicants must have experience performing Medical Assistant duties under the supervision of licensed clinical staff, be proficient using a computer to enter and retrieve patient medical records and have a basic knowledge of medical coding. Excellent customer service and work ethic is essential for this position.
Starting salary is $15.33 per hour plus full benefits. Interested candidates may send a resume and three professional references to email@example.com. EEO/AA/Veteran’s Preference.
Administrative Assistant IIs – COVID Response Team
Panhandle Health District is seeking two Administrative Assistant IIs to perform a wide variety of administrative functions within the COVID Response Team (CRT).
One position will oversee all administrative functions of the Contact Investigations including:
- Responding to inquiries, via email or phone call, seeking information from the investigation team and triaging the questions to the appropriate staff person.
- Performing complex projects as assigned related to the CRT that may involve other departments or agencies. Heavy use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint will be necessary.
- Acting as a liaison between the COVID Response Team leader and the Division Administrators.
- Coordinate meetings as necessary for the CRT, taking minutes on a regular basis and disseminating information to meeting participants.
- Assisting with budgeting, preparing reports, and presenting information to the CRT.
- Assist Epidemiologists with administrative functions as needed.
The Second position will work with the first position to perform some duties listed above and will spend 20-24 hours per week performing the following administrative functions:
- Assist the CRT leader with staffing recommendations.
- Oversee recruitment process for new positions needed in the CRT team.
- Schedule interviews and perform reference checks for new CRT staff.
- Oversee all aspects of the onboarding process for all CRT employees.
- Input new employees into Idaho Paperless Online Personnel System (IPOPS).
- Provide training to new CRT hires on coding of hours worked, signing up for benefits, and ensuring they complete their required agency trainings.
- Manage time keeping and payroll for CRT employees.
Minimum qualifications for these positions include a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, ability to work with varying personalities, attention to detail, organizational skills, problem solving skills, the ability to work well under pressure and an exceptional work ethic. Experience working in a medical office and/or human resource functions is preferred.
Salary is $17.06, plus full benefits. These are temporary positions that are dependent on funding from COVID-19 grants and contracts. Interested applicants may email resumes and three professional references to Mashelle Kenney at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 4. Please include the words “Administrative Assistant 2” in the subject line. EEO/AA/Veterans Preference
Data Support Specialist – Technical Records Specialist 1
This position has the following responsibilities:
- Performing a variety of records management functions, including data entry for patient disease reporting records and electronic patient records.
- Performing essential duties to support COVID-19 Response efforts including contact tracing, assisting Epidemiology staff; collaborating with clinical staff on patient information and collaborating with call center staff to gather data.
Minimum Requirements for this position include:
- Interpreting, explaining and applying regulations, laws, or complex policies to carry out assignments; monitoring electronic records system to identify and correct errors; entering and retrieving data using a computerized records system, and researching a variety of sources to resolve problems.
- This position must be proficient using Excel to create and modify electronic worksheets and design/print graphs.
Salary: $14.61/hour. Benefit eligibility depends on hours worked.
The ideal candidates will have the following: Excellent organization skills; ability to communicate effectively with diverse people, a pleasant, outgoing personality; strong work ethic.
Please email resume and three professional references to: email@example.com. Include the words “Data Support Specialist” in the subject line.
- Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources.
Are you a healthcare professional with a passion to improve the health and well-being of your community? We have a rare opening for a full–time Nurse Practitioner who is looking for an opportunity to serve the health care needs of individuals and families. Come work with an efficient and caring team of healthcare professionals who share the same passion of improving the health and well-being of their community.
This autonomous provider position teams up with two other nurse practitioners and is supported by well-trained and experienced support staff. This position is based in PHD’s Hayden office with some travel to neighboring clinics. All work is performed within a normal work week with no weekend, evening or on-call coverage.
PHD offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include:
- Health and dental insurance with minimal out of pocket costs
- Generous holiday, vacation and paid leave
- State of Idaho PERSI retirement benefits which includes an employer match that nearly doubles the employee contribution
- Disability and life insurance benefits
Applicants will participate in a formal yet comfortable series of interviews to determine the most qualified candidate to serve patients within Panhandle Health District. Interested applicants must apply online at www.dhr.idaho.gov, from the Job Seekers tab, search for Nurse Practitioner under Current Openings.
Associate Epidemiologists – COVID-19 Response Team
Seeking candidates to assist epidemiologists with COVID-19 activities. Duties include:
- Conduct initial case research for confirmed positive cases
- Provide educational resources regarding isolation practices
- Maintain contact to monitor situation
- Work with employer of positive case to conduct risk assessment
- Contact Tracing
- Education in Health Sciences, Public Health, or related field
- Some medical background preferred
- Effectively manage multiple cases and prioritize time effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Excellent organizational, communication, and written documentation skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers
This position will work with a team of employees performing similar duties. This work is performed seven days per week requiring each position to rotate weekend work. Some evening work may be required. Preference is full-time staff. Other work schedules will be determined on a case-by-case basis. This position is based on business need or funding. When it is deemed necessary, the position will end. Salary is $20.31 per hour plus benefits for those working over 20 hours per week.
Interested candidates may call 208-415-5163, or email a resume with three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words “ASSOCIATE EPIDEMIOLOGIST COVID-19” in the subject line. EEO/AA/Veterans Preference
Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Are you a nurse who is driven to make an impact in your community while working with a team of professionals with the same passion? Our nurses play a vital role to ensure that we deliver on our mission to provide the care, education and support every patient needs to improve their whole health.
We are seeking a nurse (RN or LPN) who will manage and support the overall operation of the Panhandle Health District’s immunization program, including overseeing the implementation of project activities, coordinating with other agencies, implementing activities to increase immunization rates in the community, developing materials, maintaining vaccine inventory, ensuring safe storage and handling of vaccine, conducting off-site clinics providing education and technical assistance to professional staff, providers, and schools and childcares on children and adult vaccinations.
This position will also provide quality patient care to patients and their families, including vaccine administration, family planning, communicable disease testing and treatment, and sexual health.
An Idaho RN or LPN license and valid driver’s license are required. Salary will depend on qualifications. This position will receive full benefits, which includes health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and a generous matching retirement plan. Routine work is performed during regular business hours; no weekend work required.
Interested applicants may apply online by sending a resume to Kgavin@phd1.idaho.gov. EEO/AA/Veteran’s preference.