Preparing for your Appointment
- You will receive an appointment reminder before your appointment. You can cancel or reschedule your appointment at that time if needed.
- Allow time to stay at the vaccination site for 15-30 minutes after getting vaccinated to make sure you don’t have a reaction that needs medical attention.
After you Get Vaccinated
- COVID-19 vaccines may cause mild to moderate reactions, including pain or swelling at the injection site, muscle pain, headaches, and mild to moderate fever. These are normal signs the body is producing an immune response. You may report adverse events following vaccinations at www.vaers.hhs.gov.
- It takes time to build protection and immunity after getting a vaccine. It takes approximately two weeks after receiving your second dose to build a level of immunity.
- You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after your primary series of COVID-19 vaccines.
- To be up-to-date with your COVID-19 vaccines, you will need to be fully vaccinated and get a booster dose when eligible.