Your health is important to us.
Here at the Panhandle Health District, we conduct Epidemiologic Surveillance, which is the ongoing systematic collection, recording, analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of data reflecting the current health status of a community or population.
Our team of epidemiologists function as disease detectives that investigate and keep track of the communicable disease cases in the five northern Idaho counties. If you are interested in knowing the number of cases that are investigated and reported to the CDC for a variety of diseases, we have them listed below.
What our Epidemiologists do:
- Investigate cases of reportable diseases and conditions
- Enforce needed restrictions to prevent the spread of certain diseases
- Provide education to the public and health care providers
- Work with our Public Health Emergency Preparedness section to monitor and prepare for new and emerging diseases
- Issue Health Alert Messages to our community partners regarding urgent health matters
- Investigate outbreaks of foodborne, waterborne, and respiratory illnesses in our community
- Work with our local health care facilities by conducting syndromic surveillance to identify outbreaks and public health emergencies as fast as possible
Reportable Disease Form for laboratories and health care providers.
Reportable Disease Form COVID-19 ONLY
COVID-19 case reporting fax line: 208-601-6129
Please contact us if you have any additional questions.